10 Best Baby Monitors 2020 – Must Have For Parents
Best baby monitors
Couples having their first child are often clueless about what they need. The basics are easy to figure out such as diapers and cribs whereas finding out about the hidden secret accessories that help parents to get through the first few years of parenting is quite a task. There are many tools in the marketing that are designed to help the parents go through the first few years. Those years are the most hectic ones when it comes to parenting. You put your life at hold and make your child your priority
What is a baby monitor?
Baby monitors are one of the best accessories in the market that help parents get through the early life of their child. The question is what are baby monitors? It is quite clear from the name that it is something that helps you monitors your child when you are not around. Imagine how well that sounds, you can keep an eye on your baby without being physically present beside them. You aren’t glue to your child anymore. You can perform without worrying about your child all the time. Baby monitors are devices are built with various features and allow you to keep an eye on your child during their nap times and when you are busy performing other tasks around the house.
Types of baby monitors:
Baby monitors are mandatory devices as they help you with your baby and make your life much easier. There are a variety of baby monitors available in the market, choosing the correct one for your family can be quite tricky and they all seem quite appealing. There are three main kinds of baby monitors;
1) Sound Monitors
These baby monitors are the first addition of baby monitors. They are the oldest kind and the easiest to use and there is nothing complicated in them. They just work on the principle of intercom, transmitting the sound through radio waves to the receiver unit. This is their main purpose. Since they are the oldest thus have fewer features meaning they are also the one having the lowest cost. The more features you add to these devices the pricier they are going to get. There a lot of different models of the sound monitors in the market but they all work on the same sound transmitting principle. Additional features such as lullabies or night light are added by companies to make their product stand out more.
2) Video Monitors
These are the most expensive baby monitors that you would find but are also the most recommended ones. These baby monitors transmit video along with sound and give the parents more satisfaction. The video quality depends upon the resolution that the device offers. Monitors with high resolution offer a colored and HD display while the ones with lower resolution give a black and white display.
These baby monitors with are available in a lot of models. You can get a baby monitor with two monitors meaning that there would be two receiver units which you can place in different areas of the house so that you don’t have to worry about carrying the unit with you all the time. It is harder to find best baby monitors under $100 as the more money you put in the better model you would be able to afford.
Best baby monitors with video offer you a lot of choices. You can either send the video to a receiver unit or connect it with the internet so that you can keep an eye on your baby and the while you are at work and don’t miss out anything.
3) Motion Monitors
Motion monitors are baby monitors with motion detectors built inside them that are designed especially for babies that have health issues or are born prematurely. These monitors detect the motions of your baby and alert you if the baby doesn’t move in 20 while sleeping. Babies move a lot while sleeping which is why the time 20 seconds is set on these monitors. The sensor is placed in the crib near the baby so that the sensors work more efficiently.
All these various kinds of monitors are available in different models. Each model is better than the previous one and adds more value to the device that helps the parent in more ways. We offer you best baby monitors with Wi-Fi and best baby monitors that don’t interface with Wi-Fi. You can find best baby monitors on our website with a variety of features that would make parenting easier for you.
Features of a baby monitor
As the technology advances, companies try to make their products better and better for the customer. The more features a product has the better equipped it is. Just like all other products baby monitors have enhanced features that help the parents in a better way. In the beginning baby monitors where designer only to hear the voice of the infant from a distance but today there are various features that are added to the product that enhances their capabilities and makes the life of the parent much easier. Some of the features that you would find in the baby monitors offer on our website are listed below;
Interchangeable optical lenses
Some baby monitors come with interchangeable lenses just like DSLRs. The lenses are replaced in order to change the resolution and the zoom capacities of the monitor. When buying the best baby monitor for twins you might need to consider choosing the one with interchangeable lenses as they offer the feature of zooming in and out that would help you get a closer look at your babies and also at the surroundings of the crib.
Bets baby monitors with video feature provide you with LCD display that helps you keep an eye on your child when you are not in the room. The LCD displays are compatible and fit in your palm thus are easier to carry around also provides you with more satisfaction. The better the quality of the display they better you would feel.
Infrared Night Vision
Most of the monitors today have built in infrared nigh visions. This feature gives you the image of your child even in the dark so if your baby’s sleep is disturbed by the light and he or she prefers to sleep in the dark than you must go for this feature in when buying a baby monitor. It allows you to keep an eye on the child even in the dark and gives you a peace of mind knowing that your baby is safe.
Built in lullabies
Lullabies are the best friends of babies who love to sleep. Music has always been helpful when it comes to putting someone to sleep. In case of babies the poems or songs are sung in such a soothing way that they help the babies sleep. Best baby monitors with lullabies can be found of our website that helps your baby sleep faster.
Two way communication
These baby monitors are the ones that are recommended by the parents mostly. The reason behind that is these monitors allow the parents to listen to the child and also talk back through the monitor just like a phone. So if you baby wakes up at nights then you don’t have to run to nursery, you can just talk to him or her through the baby monitor and put him back to sleep.
Baby monitors come with digital cameras that allow you to record the video or take pictures of your child. You can put the monitor on recording mode at night or during the day when you are busy with other work and record the adorable moments of your child so that you don’t miss out on anything. These recording can be transferred to the web or any other device.
Baby monitors come with night lights that keep your baby’s nursery a bit lit so that he or she doesn’t get scared in the dark. Night lights also help video monitors that are without the night vision to record the image in the dark so that the parents can keep an eye on their child while it’s sleeping.
Breathing sensors are built-in feature of the monitors that sense the breathing of your child. If your child has breathing problems then try to buy the baby monitor that has breathing sensors in it. These sensors alert you when there is a change in the breathing of your child whether it is too rapid or too slow. You can keep an eye on your child during nap time and without disturbing them.
If you want to keep the temperature of your nursery intact then by the baby monitors with temperature sensors. These monitors detect the change in the temperature of the room and alert you if it is too high or too low. You can set the desire temperature according to the needs of your child.
These are like temperature sensors; instead of keeping the track of the temperature they keep the track of the humidity n the room. All this is only to provide your child with the best environment so that he gets the proper level of oxygen and nothing affects his or her breathing.
Many monitors now come with nanny cams meaning that you don’t have to spend money separately on monitors and nanny cams, you can combine the two in one and your nanny won’t even know about it. The monitors record the moments of your nanny and allows you to keep an eye on the child and the nanny at the same time.
Sleep tracking system
Sleep tracking system is a system that is used to track the sleeping routine of your baby. Every time your baby sleeps the monitor will make a record of it and therefore develop a sleeping pattern that would help you put your baby to sleep at his or her nap time.
Compatible apps for IPhone and Android
You can control you baby monitor with apps that are compatible on both iPhones and android devices. This gives to more power. Your cellphone can act as the receiving end of the monitor and you wouldn’t have to carry an extra unit around with you at all times.
Heart beat sensors
If your child has a heart condition or you are just one of those parents that worry a lot about their child then baby monitors with heartbeat sensors are the best ones for you. The keep a track of your baby’s heart rate and alerts you if there is any change in the beating pattern.
Oxygen level sensors
You can check the oxygen level of the nursery using baby monitors now to ensure that your baby gets the best breathing environment. The oxygen sensors measure the amount of oxygen there is in the room and gives you a heads up if there is low content of oxygen in the nursery.
Instead of placing a device in your baby’s crib you can install a wall unit that would give you a better view of the room and the crib. It is mostly preferred for toddlers who love to move to around the room and play with devices. Wall mounts are safe and are out of the reach of the child thus can’t be compromised by your child.
Most monitors detect the sound while some monitors are designed specifically for detecting the cry of the child. They only alert the parent when the child is crying instead of disturbing their sleep every time the child makes a sound.
Top 10 baby monitors of 2020
We offer you certain baby monitors that we consider are the best ones for you and your baby. Below is the list of best baby monitors 2020.
Baby Monitors Comparison Table
|Cam Name||Weight||Product Dimensions||Batteries required||Best Prices|
|Infant Optics Add-On Camera||8 ounces||2.5 x 2.5 x 4 inches||No||See Price|
|Baby sense Baby Monitor||1.46 pounds||8.7 x 5.9 x 3 inches||No||See Price|
|NETGEAR Arlo Baby Monitor||1.72 pounds||9.2 x 7.7 x 4.4 inches||1 Lithium ion batteries required.||See Price|
|DBPOWER Digital Sound Activated Video Record||1.8 pounds||11.8 x 4.5 x 5.9 inches||Yes||See Price|
|Nanit Smart Baby Monitor||1 pounds||12 x 5.2 x 4 inches||No||See Price|
|Lollipop – Smart Baby Monitor||6.7 ounces||2.4 x 2.4 x 1.2 inches||No||See Price|
|Evoz Vision WI FI||6.1 ounces||3 x 2.5 x 3 inches||No||See Price|
|Yimaler Video Baby Monitor||15.4 ounces||6.8 x 5.7 x 2.8 inches||Yes||See Price|
|Owlet Smart Sock 2||1.34 pounds||3.5 x 3.5 x 0.7 inches||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)||See Price|
|Project Nursery WI Fi Video Baby Monitor System||1.81 pounds||3.4 x 5.7 x 4 inches||No||See Price|
It is the best video baby monitor that provides you with the extra add on cameras. These interchangeable lenses allow you to choose the focal length and the viewing angle. You can control the camera direction and tilt and zoom it in with the receiver unit. You can pair your DXR-8 with four extra camera units. It also allows you to scan after every 10 seconds when two cameras are connected. The glass lenses are housed in aluminum in order to improve the performance of the monitor. The size of the monitor in 4 inches thus is quite compatible.
- Additional Camera Unit pairs with Infant Optics DXR-8 Pan/Tilt/Zoom with Interchangeable Optical lens video monitor
- Viewing direction remotely controlled by DXR-8 Monitor Unit both horizontally and vertically
- Compatible with Infant Optics Optical Zoom Lens (sold separately) and Optical Wide Angle Lens (sold separately)
- Constructed with multi-layered glass lens pieces in aluminum housing for improved performance
- Requires Infant Optics DXR-8
Infant Optics Add-On Camera Unit for Infant
- Compatible with optical zoom lenses
- Remotely controlled direction
- Horizontal and vertical view
- Aluminum housing
- Video monitor
- Optical zoom lenses and optical wide lenses are to be purchased separately
- No additional feature
- No air sensors
- Lullaby system isn’t present
If you are looking for an all-in-one kind of monitor then this one is for you. Baby sense video monitor provide you with two receiver units that you can station anywhere in the house. The high quality LCD allows you to observe your child while he or she is sleeping.
Two-way talk back
2x digital zoom
Sound activator LED indicators
60 Degree Tilt
- Supplied with Two Cameras - Allows monitoring two babies in different rooms from one Parent Unit. Please use the OK button on the parent unit to switch between the paired cameras
- 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display with Enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS Technology - Provides high definition and stable streaming, secure interference-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound.
- Two Way Talk Back Communication - Comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice by using the two-way talk back system.
- Long Range - Up to 900 feet (open space) with out-of-range warning.
- Rich Features - Auto Infrared Night Vision, Room Temperature Monitoring with High/Low Temperature Alerts, Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LED Indicators, Alarm/Timer Setting, 2x Digital Zoom with Digital Image Pan/Tilt option, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Lullabies, Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), Auto Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options.
Baby sense Video Baby Monitor
- High definition streaming
- Stable streaming
- Secure interface
- Crystal clear sound quality
- Night vision
- Not compatible with android or iphone
- Limited range
- Fixed lenses
- No battery saving mode
The baby monitor comes with high definition video resolution that portrays a better image of your baby. The camera is wire free and comes with rechargeable batteries. You can tilt the camera to get a better view. The camera storage allows you to record up to 7 day video footage. There is built-in Temperature, Humidity, Air Quality sensors in the device that adds extra care to your child. You can view it live from anywhere in the world as it is compatible with apple, android, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, IFTTT, Stringify and any other web browser.
Two way audio
Smart Wi Fi connection
- 1080p HD Video Quality - View live or recorded videos in excellent detail and rich color, from anywhere in the world; Field of view: 110° (adjustable up to 130°)
- 2-Way Wireless Talk - Comfort and talk to your baby from anywhere, whether you're at the office or in the living room; Battery: 2440 mAh rechargeable battery
- Advanced Night Vision - Near-invisible infrared LEDs let you see your baby clearly even in total darkness; Night vision- 940nm LED: illuminates up to 15 feet
- Instant Smart Alerts - Get motion, sound, and air quality notifications sent to your smartphone. Adjustable motion detection up to 50 feet. Wireless range 300 feet line of sight
- Smart Nursery Features - Multi-colored night light, lullaby player, temperature, humidity & VOC air sensors. Monitor and control all features anytime from your smart phone
NETGEAR Arlo Baby Monitor
- 1080p HD Video Quality
- Rich color
- Wireless talk
- Invisible infrared LEDs
- Instant Smart Alerts
- Smart phone control
- Compatible with home systems
- Allows connection with a single device at a time
- Larger in size
The monitor is the best video recorder you will find the market. There is automatic and manual video recording option in the monitor. The wireless transmission is 2.4 with FHSS technology that locks your digital privacy and ensures always-connection for you and your baby. The built in micro phones allow you talk back to your child. The automated night vision turns out when the light is dim. The device connects with four cameras at the same time and gives a split screen allowing you to observe four rooms at the same time
4.3-Inch Color LCD Screen
Remote Camera Pan-Tilt-Zoom
Two Way Audio and Recording
Compatible Mount Shelf
Sound-Activated LED lights
Smart Wi Fi connection
- EASY TO OPERATE: Friendly-user interface on rechargeable battery operated parent unit.
- SMART FEATURES: Room temperature monitor and alert, two-way talk, nightlight, lullaby, sound activated LED lights.
- DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDING FUNCTION: Supports up to 32GB TF card (Not included) and sound-triggered automatic video recording function.
- MORE THAN A BABY MONITOR: Supports split-screen up to 4 cameras, and can monitor activities on 4 cameras at the same time. Beep warning volume can be turned down/off.
- PAN-TILT-ZOOM & SHELF MOUNT: Mount the camera for a better viewing position; Rotate 270° in horizontal and 110° vertical. Transmitting distance is up to 1,000 ft (Line of sight, no obstructions).
DBPOWER Digital Sound Activated Video Record Baby Monitor
- Advance video monitoring system
- High privacy
- Supports multiple devices
- Video recording
- Works on battery
- Larger in size
- Available in white only
- Wireless single gets tangled with nearby devices
This baby monitor comes with a HD video and audio monitor that gives a crystal clear view of your child. You can pinch to zoom to focus of every little detail. You access the video anywhere at any time and also record the video so that you don’t miss out anything while sleeping. The monitor also allows you to keep track of your baby’s sleeping patterns. The system also provides you with tips to improve your parenting.
HD Bird’s Eye View
Night vision and Zoom
Temperature & Humidity Sensors
Real-Time Sound & Motion Alerts
- Best view of baby day and night: See and hear your baby 24/7 with HD live streaming, unparalleled night vision, and zoom to get in close. Plus, Nanit works over Wi-Fi, even when internet is down.
- The Nanit Wall Mount: No painful set-up. No exposed cords. Nanit easily mounts to the wall behind your crib, giving you an amazing overhead view of baby.
- Smart notifications: Nanit tracks sound and motion to keep you in the know about what's happening in the nursery. Temperature and humidity sensors monitor the environment, ensuring your baby is comfortable.
- Soft Glow Night Light: Find pacifiers and loveys in a snap without waking baby with a diffused, ceiling-directed LED nightlight with gradual dimming technology. Drill a 3/16 inch hole in the marked spot and insert the anchor until flush to wall
Nanit Smart Baby Monitor and Wall Mount
- Remote Viewing
- Ceiling-Directed Nightlight
- Cable Management System
- Multiple Users
- AES 256-bit Encryption
- Streams over Wi Fi when Internet is down
- High UV rays
- Harder to install
- Highly expensive
- Connection is lost internet is down
- Consumes a lot of battery on the smartphone
It is the only baby monitor that comes with audio mode for overnight monitoring. The smart baby monitor is more than the traditional baby monitors. It provides you with extra features that help you sleep better. The monitor can be placed on the table, adjusted on the crib or installed on the wall. The app offers of features and you can view baby on your phone without having to carry an extra device with you at all times. All your memories are stored in the cloud and the fee of the cloud is paid by the producers
WI FI specs – IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
Remote music playing
High quality video
- Environment Accessory Of Lollipop Baby Camera
- Temperature / Humidity / Air Quality Detection
- Daily / Weekly Data Chart in Lollipop App
- 30s Event Push Video when exceeding Preset Safe Region
- Bluetooth Connection with Lollipop Camera
Lollipop – Smart Baby Monitor
- Unique audio mode
- No additional monthly fee
- Short live feed latency
- Push notifications
- Unlimited login devices
- Works with the internet
- Cloud storage is a bit difficult to tackle
- Not portable
The Evoz Vision baby monitors provide you a secure Wi Fi connection to IOS and Android devices. You can keep an eye on your baby from any virtual location of your choice. The device is connected to the app with the help of WI FI thus there is range. You can be in the isolated part of the house or even at work and still observe your baby. The cry detection technology will automatically alert you when the baby cries. In order to calm your baby down while you are on your you can talk back to your child through the two way communication system or play lullabies or any other music as well. The monitor can be adjusted easily in the nursery to get a clear cut view of your child. The system also records the data and provides the parents with tips and advices based on the collected data.
Baby monitor app
- [Updated 2019]-IMPROVED STREAMING AND STABLE CONNECTION. Now enjoy continuous HD video streaming without any interruptions from anywhere, anytime with our all new Evoz Baby App. Our Improved App and updated Firmware offer continuous streaming is now more secure and stable than ever. Using Evoz, your baby can be viewed by more than one person at a time! Easily invite grandparents or sitters to have access to the wi-fi baby monitors app only when they are permitted.
- PATENTED ALERT TECHNOLOGY - The Evoz Vision Wi-Fi Baby Monitor uses cry detection algorithms to distinguish baby cries from other noises. Our patented alert technology can notify you with SMS, email or push alerts when your baby cries based on your personal settings. Access to the picture of what the camera saw when the cry was detected will be captured by the video baby monitor with night vision.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND CLEAR HD VIDEO - The sleek appearance of our video baby monitor with wifi has a stable base and easy wall mounting system for easy setup. See your baby clearly from anywhere with the HD wide-angle lens and IR LEDs so you can view your baby both day and night. The transmitted image to your cellular device will always be pristine. Relax knowing your baby is being watched over.
- DATA TRACKING & RECORD KEEPING - Baby monitor smart technology will automatically collect crying and room data. Parents can also input information from feedings, changings, sleep, temperature and milestone dates. Keep stats and take pictures with the camera on our easy to navigate app. Easily share data with doctors with our graphical & raw data format export feature.
- FEATURES FOR PARENTS AND BABY - Let us help you calm and soothe your baby from anywhere! The Evoz Vision wifi baby monitor can play lullabies, music, and even audiobooks. Parents can access tailored parenting advice based on child's age and collected data patterns. Short videos, quick tips, and tricks from experts like Kim West The Sleep Lady, are optimized for mobile device viewing.
Evoz Vision WI FI Baby Monitor
- Securely connects to IOS and Android devices
- Patented alert technology
- Data tracking
- Easy to assemble
- Clear HD video
- Record keeping
- Maximum range 4000 miles
- Connected through the internet, connection might be lost when the internet in down.
Yimaler baby monitor is one of a kind. The best part about it is that it is easy to install. The device comes with a voice activation system and the camera installed in the device gives night vision in the distance of 5 meters and a diagonal angle of 45 degrees.
Battery saving mode
2.4 inch LCD with high resolution
High capacity battery for security
Temperature monitoring system
- 【EASY TO USE】Quickly install this wireless baby monitor which can be connected by holding the Pair Button for a few seconds. Note：the camera need plug in all the time ,the monitor neednot because the monitor has a rechargeable battery
- 【NO RADIATION & HACKER ATTACK】High quality 2.4-inch LCD color display enhanced by 2.4GHz FHSS Technology offer high definition video, No worry about the annoying Wi-Fi disconnection and hacker attack
- 【LONGER BATTERY LIFE UP TO 20H】20 hours of battery life (fully charged, VOX mode) or 3-5 hours of battery life (fully charged, normal mode) N
- 【OTHER IMPRESSIVE FEATURE】Automatic IR Night Vision，Keep eyes on baby not only daytime but also all the night; 8 lullabies help to soothe the baby;temperature Monitor,provides your baby a good environment;Tabletop or wall mounting；pocket-size
- 【VOX MODE】is a power saving Mode.This sound-activated baby monitor will turn on/off the screen automatically when sound/no sound is detected by the unit, making sure you're aware of baby crying even when you're absorbed in your work
Yimaler Video Baby Monitor
- Voice activation system
- Automatic night vision
- Unobstructed Effective Range
- Multiple language support
- 750 mAh battery
- Unknown battery timing
- Camera is to be rotated manually
- Distance is effected by the indoor environment
- Compatible only with the given power adaptor
- The camera and the monitor together makes a great noise
Owlet’s smart stock baby monitor is specifically designed for babies born prematurely and with health issues. It keeps a track of your baby’s heart rate and oxygen level. The LED lights and the speakers inform the parents when something goes wrong. Each unit comes with 3 washable socks that fit most infants from 0-18 months or 6-25 pounds. These socks securely wrap around the baby’s foot and connect to a base station up to 100 ft. away using Bluetooth. These are the best baby monitors with Wi-Fi that allow you to keep track or your baby’s progress on the app. The moment the levels go out of the zone the parents are notified within seconds. These monitors are the best to go with when it comes to your baby’s health.
Heart rate sensor
Oxygen measuring monitor
Compatible with smartphones
- KEEP BABY HEALTHY AND HAPPY: Track Your Babys Heart Rate, Oxygen Levels and Sleep using clinically-proven pulse oximetry, and be notified if something appears to be wrong.
- WORRY LESS AND SLEEP BETTER: The Smart Sock connects to a base station that glows green letting you know everything is okay, but uses lights, sounds and app notifications if heart rate or oxygen levels are too high or too low. Parents can sleep better and have less anxiety knowing theyll be made aware if levels go outside of preset zones.
- CONVENIENT, EASY-TO-USE: Each unit includes 3 washable socks that comfortably wrap around the baby's foot and connect to a base station up to 100 ft. away using wireless connection. Socks fit most infants from 0-18 months or 6-25 pounds and should be hand washed regularly and alternated from right to left foot each night.
- SMART PHONE APP: See real-time and trended heart rate, oxygen levels and sleep data on multiple phones using Owlets cloud-connected app. View all red alert notifications, analyze heart rate and oxygen highs and lows, and share reports and summaries with family, friends or doctor. Free iOS & Android apps available. OUR PROMISE TO YOU: Love it or return within 45 days for a full refund.
Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor
- Clinically proven pulse oximetry
- Base station that glows green indicating that everything is okay
- Smartphone app
- Easy to use
- Works only with the socks
- Uses lithium batteries
- The stocks must be charged
- Cost of the app is about $60 per year
- No extra features
The baby monitors is the best one when it comes to security. It provides high security with password protection system and secures WI fi connections that allow you to connect with multiple devices at the same time. This helps you when you have twins or triplets. These are the best baby monitors for twins and best baby monitor for triplets as well. The box comes with an instruction guide, power adaptor, 10 inch cable and a keep sake box.
Remote viewing on digital devices
Tilt and zoom cameras with high resolution
Infrared night vision
Two way communication
- 👶 The best WiFi Baby Monitor on the market - sets up in about 5 minutes and is incredibly simple to use
- 👶 WiFi compatibility gives you peace of mind with the ability to monitor your baby from work, home, or another country using your smartphone, tablet or any other wireless devices with our free Project Nursery App. NOTE: a 2.4Ghz wifi network is required
- 👶 All of the best features included: beautiful high-definition picture, pan/tilt/zoom, two-way communication, infrared night vision, temperature and motion detection with alerts to your smartphone and the ability to add up to 3 additional cameras (sold separately)
- 👶 No extra fees to save pictures or video; just snap or record and they save right to your device
- 👶 Play Lullabies, white noise or nature sounds, or use two-way communication so you or your family members can sing baby to sleep from anywhere in the world!
Project Nursery HD WI Fi Video Baby Monitor System
- Motion alerts
- Easy to use app
- Connection with 4 cameras at a time
- Cloud storage
- Works only if you poses a smart phone
- Notification might confuse you
Pros of having a baby monitor
Baby monitors can multitask. Their main task is to help you keep an eye on your baby from a distance but along with that there are various other roles that they play such as they put your baby to sleep or calm him down by playing lullabies. They help you monitor you baby’s heartbeat, the temperature of the room and the oxygen level. The more money you put in the more benefits you can get out of your baby monitor. The treats offered by baby monitors are endless and they help you as the parent to improve your parenting skills without being on top of your child every second of the day.
2) Prevent SIDS
SIDS stands for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. These are sudden deaths of infants in their crib during sleeping. The causes of such deaths are unknown. These unexplained deaths are mostly seen in babies who are less than a year old. Baby monitors can help prevent such cases by keeping the parents responsive to any changes in the room temperature, heartbeat or oxygen level. The monitor will detect the change and alert you so that you know when to rush to your baby’s crib even when sleeping.
3) Provides extra security
Baby monitors also act as security cams that you can use to keep an eye on your baby. Place the baby monitor in your child’s nursery and keep an eye on who goes in and out of the room at all times. This adds extra security to your baby’s nursery. You wouldn’t have to worry about your child while being at the other corner of the house, you can simply glance a look with just a click on your cellphone.
4) Gives access
The benefit that can’t be ignored is that these baby monitors provide access to your baby at all times whether you are cooking a meal in the kitchen or at work. You can connect and communicate with your child through these monitors. Certain end to end monitors also have a build in microphone in the receiver unit. You can talk back to your child and comfort them or just do it to ease your mind. Mothers are very vigilant when it comes to kids so being aware of their every move is something that eases their mind.
5) Peace of mind
They only thing that eases the mind of the mother is a baby monitor. It has helped many parents get the sleep that they require to function properly. Charging yourself is very important when it comes to talking care of an infant because how are you supposed to take care of your child when you yourself are not in the working condition. Baby monitors give the mothers the peace of mind. They can sleep knowing that they will hear the child cry even when they are sleeping. They can perform other tasks and look after other kids peacefully with the help of baby monitors.
6) Look after older kids
Baby monitors come in handy at all ages of your child. They do not grow out of use once your infants grow up. You can use these baby monitors to keep an eye on your toddlers while they are playing in their room or the two siblings that don’t get along very much. Many parents use them to keep an eye on their teenagers as well because who is going to worry about an old baby monitor? Your baby monitors grow as your kids grow and can there features can be used for much more purposes than just keeping an eye on your infant.
Things to consider before buying a baby monitor
Before buying a baby monitor there are certain things that you must consider so that the buying process becomes easier. Below are some important aspects that you must consider before buying a baby monitor so that your investment doesn’t go to waste.
· Type of monitor
The first thing that you must figure out before buying a baby monitor is what kind do you want? Do you want an audio or video monitor? Most parents prefer to have a video monitor as t provides them with an extra level of satisfaction. If the baby is premature or suffers some kind of health issues then you must go with the video baby monitor that comes with movement sensors. The decision is entirely up to you. You can go with any kind depending upon your needs.
Before buying a baby monitor you must know the size of your house and consider it as an important aspect. The range of the monitor is the distance in which the transmitter unit will keep the connection with the receiver unit. The movement you move out of the range the connection will be lost so if you have a big house than you must consider a monitor with larger ranger or unlimited range. They are more expensive but will keep you in contact with your baby in any corner of the house. But if you live in a single story house with thin walls and close rooms than a monitor with the smaller range would be perfect for you.
The size of the monitor is also an important feature that you must consider before buying the baby monitor. Most audio monitors are small and easy to carry, they fit perfectly in the palm of your hand but when it comes to video monitors the sizes vary. They could be small as well as large. Choose the size according to your need. If you want to carry it with you at all times then goes for the small ones but if you want a better view of your baby and are okay with placing the monitor on the table then you can buy the ones that are larger in size. The large ones offer a better image and resolution than the smaller ones.
The resolution comes in when we talk about video monitors. The better the resolution, the better is the quality of the image that you are going to receive. Higher resolution monitors give a colored and a better image even in the dark while the monitors with the lower resolutions give a black and white distorted version of the image.
Baby monitors comes with a variety of features. Choose the monitor that has the features that you require such as heartbeat sensors, movement sensors, night vision and etc. Decide the type of monitor depending on your needs and pick out perfect one for your baby. The more features you have in the monitor the more satisfaction it will provide you and of course it is going to cost a bit more.
· Indicator lights
Some monitors come with indicator lights. These lights help deaf parents figure out if the baby is crying or is in other kind of trouble. These indicator lights also alert you when the battery of your monitor is on the verge or dying out. These indicator lights also go one when you are out of the range. In all ways they help you keep a better eye on your child.
· Multiple receiver units
Baby monitors now come with multiple receiver units as well. These multiple units aid you when you live in a large house. You can station them at different points so that you don’t go out of range and you can keep an eye at your baby from every room. It also helps in a way that both the parents can keep a unit with them so that in case one misses the single other is there to take care of the baby.
Your budget is the most important thing that you must consider before buying a baby monitor. You can buy the best baby monitor with all the modern features but the question is whether you can afford it or not? Everything depends on the amount of investment you are willing to pit in. Pick out the monitor that has your desired features while staying in your budget. Don’t overdo it just for the fun of it. Only invest the amount that is necessary.
Last update on 2019-08-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API